Sunday, September 8, 2013

31DC2013 day 7: B&W + Debuting My New Nails!



I'm fast forwarding the challenge a little bit. I've missed a few days while I was on holiday, and tomorrow is my day off so I'll catch up with all my missing manicures (green, blue and violet).

I've decided to try and cut my nails shorter because they were getting way too long and I was anxious to try something new that would save me some time in filing them on a weekly basis. Now they can grow as much as they want and they won't look too long for at least a month :)



I'm not so sure how I feel about these yet. I think I like it but I also miss my previous length... Luckily, my nails grow pretty fast so if I decide I'm not loving them it will be fairly easy to go back to the way things were. 

In the meanwhile I'm going to enjoy this. I can now wear a French Manicure, dark nail polish shades or a glitter polish all over my nails without it looking too grotesque. There are certain things that simply look better on shorter nails!

For today's challenge I chose the pretty Golden Rose #110 from the Jolly Jewels collection. It's a white jelly base, packed with tons of black matte tiny glitter, and larger metallic red hexes.

I tried layering the glitter over white nail polish but as you can see, it looks much better on it's own:


 It's fully opaque in 2 coats but I went with 3, just in case...




The final look really reminded me of the poppy flower so I added a stamp from Bundle Monster 314 using the decal technique I saw over at Natalie's blog.

1 comment:

  1. I love the Jolly Jewels collection :D I have the flakie from that one although I can't remember the number. I also love what you did with the stamps! I have got to try that soon.

    ReplyDelete

linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...